Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

New Maths Application

Math’s Homework – Room 15 Maths Class

I will be using a new I-Pad – App/website in class for maths. This application is called Front Row. It is a free application that you can download from the App Store, you can also find it at: https://student.frontrowed.com/#login.
 Each child has been set up with their own log on. They will need three things to log on:
·      * First Name
·      * Last Name (For Room 16 children, their last name is Room 16)
·      * Class Code: 
(This is our secure class code, please ensure that this is not shared with others)

When the children first log on they will find a range of areas to choose from. The first time they enter a new area, they will need to complete a small pre-test. This will allow them to start their practice at the appropriate level.
From there, they can practice the areas of maths that they need the most.

If they find that they are stuck on an area, they are able to find help directly from the application, and can practice before they continue.

They can use this software for their math’s homework, completing approximately 10 minutes each night.

If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to contact me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Hall I d love you to share this with me Thank you :) sounds like an awesome learning tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've downloaded it on the I-Pad for Xavier and this weekend will get him to have a go.
    The brief look I had of the application looks great.
    Thanks for sharing this Linda!

    ReplyDelete